What is Roblox error code 279?
Roblox error code 279 is an error that indicates a problem connecting to the game server. The error message you’ll often see is “Error connecting to the game.” To resolve error code 279, players can try troubleshooting their internet connection, refreshing the game page, restarting the game client, or contacting the Roblox support team for further assistance.
Cause of Roblox error code 279
This error can have several causes, including:
- Network connectivity issues: A weak or unstable internet connection can cause this error. This can happen for various reasons such as server maintenance, high network traffic, or network issues on your end.
- Firewall or antivirus software: Sometimes your computer’s firewall or antivirus software can interfere with the Roblox game and prevent it from connecting to the server.
- Game session expired: If a game session has been inactive for a long time, it may expire and the player may receive an error code 279 when trying to reconnect.
- Roblox Server Issues: Occasionally, the Roblox server may experience downtime or other issues that prevent players from connecting to the game.
How to fix Roblox error code 279?
There are many ways to fix Roblox error code 279. These are some of the methods you can follow to resolve Roblox error code 279.
Step 1 – Reboot your router
- First, unplug your Internet modem and router from the power outlet.
- Then wait 15 seconds.
- Then, plug the modem back into the power outlet and wait about five minutes.
- Now, turn on the router.
- Then, wait for the modem lights to turn green.
- After that, connect your computer to the network and check if Roblox gives you the error again.
Step 2 – Use a good internet connection
When someone shares your network, your device’s network may be weak in some cases, which may also result in Roblox error code 279.
- In that case, you can reset your network password.
- In some cases, your system may be downloading a large file and your Internet bandwidth may not be strong enough to handle large downloads and games at the same time.
- Then, in that case, wait until the download is complete.
- You could use an Ethernet cable for a good Internet connection.
Step 3: Disable or configure the firewall
In some cases, disabling or configuring the firewall will resolve Roblox error code 279.
- First, open the Windows Start menu.
- Next, in the search bar, type or enter Windows Defender Firewall.
- In that case, view correctly and tap Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Now, the option to disable the firewall is checked on both public and private networks.
- Finally, tap OK.
Step 4 – Use a different browser
There are a variety of browsers available. Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer is one of the options available to you. Opera GX, Vivaldi Browser, Brave Browser, and UR Browser also support Roblox games.
- So if error code 279 appears in one browser, you can open another browser to check if the problem has been resolved.
Step 5: Open ports
- First, log in to your router control panel.
- Next, see the option to forward ports.
- Now, type or enter the IP address.
- In the port range, type or enter 49152-65535.
- For protocol, select UDP.
- Finally, restart your router and see if Roblox works again.
Step 6 – Disable Browser Plugins
Browser add-ons can cause interruptions and cause errors.
- Therefore, disable browser plugins.
Step 7: Turn off your antivirus
Using antivirus software could generate error codes such as 279.
- So if you use any antivirus software, activate it for some time.
Step 8: Restart your PC
In some cases, restarting the computer resolves Roblox error code 279. Many other errors apart from Roblox error code 279 can also be resolved by restarting the PC.
Step 9 – Contact customer service
If any of the above methods did not resolve the Roblox error code 279, you can contact customer support and inform them about the error.
Disclaimer: The above information is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith; However, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site.