Happy Friendship Day 2023: Friendship Day is celebrated every year on the first Sunday of August. This year it is celebrated on August 6.
Twinkle Updated: Aug 6, 2023 09:42 IST
Happy Friendship Day 2023
Friendship Day 2023: Friendship Day in India is celebrated on the first Sunday of August. It became popular among young people in the early 1990s due to the influence of Bollywood movies. Friends tie a knot (friendship band) together as a gesture of celebrating their friendship.
Here are some really thoughtful messages and wishes to help you celebrate this year’s friendship day. Scroll down:
Friendship Day 2023: Friend Wishes
- To My Best Friend: I want to express my gratitude for always being there for me no matter what. I cherish my friendship with you every day. Happy Friendship Day!
- I want you to know that for me you are more than just a friend; you are a strong support in my life on this wonderful day. I wish you a happy Friendship Day, my friend.
- Having a friend like you in life is a blessing; you are a rare find. I wish you lots of love and joy on this Friendship Day.
- Let’s raise a toast to the beautiful memories we’ve created together. Happy Friendship Day, my accomplice!
- You always hold me back, believe me when I don’t! Thank you for being my biggest supporter and cheerleader.
- Hey Bestie, Our bodies may be in different cities but our hearts share the same joy. Happy Friendship Day!
- When everyone was busy looking for the bad in me, you helped me focus on all my good points. Thank you for being my Rock!
- A good friend really makes life better. Congratulations to the friend who made me smile during the day. Happy Friendship Day!
- Our bond is woven of love, trust and humour. Hope this friendship cloth will keep the beautiful colors together forever. Best wishes!
- I consider you the most important person in my life. Sending you love and life your way. Happy Friendship Day!
Friendship Day 2023: Message To Dear Friends
- Dear friend, thank you for making my life brighter and more meaningful. You are truly a great friend.
- A friend who understands the unspoken and offers support without judgment. Happy Friendship Day, my guiding star!
- You are the one who stands up to my worst and celebrates my best! Thank you for choosing me every day.
- Thank you for the laughter, the tears and the countless memories we shared. Let’s celebrate our friendship every day so as not to become empty with our memories!
- Hey Buddy, thanks for being away from home. Happy Friendship Day!
- Virtual hugs, kisses and love for my dearest half. I’m really lucky to have you in my life. Happy our day!
- Hey, my capeless hero, we can really conquer the world together. Happy Friendship Day!
- On this friendship day, I want to express my gratitude for the bond we share. Thank you for all the happiness you have brought into my life.
- Hey friend, you are important today, tomorrow, tomorrow and forever. Happy Friendship Day!
- To the one who chose me to overcome all my troubles, I have done so in my life. Happy Friendship Day!
Friendship Day 2023: Quotes
- “Time does not destroy friendship and neither does separation.” – Tennessee Williams
- “Life is a bad place, bad without a best friend.” – Sarah Dessen
- “If you have two friends in your life, you are lucky. If you have a good friend, you are more than lucky.” – SE Hinton
- “Your friends will know you better from the first moment they meet than those who know you after a thousand years.” – Richard Bach
- “When friendships are real, they are not fiberglass or frozen works of art, but the most solid things we can know.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you haven’t really learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford
- “A day without friends is like a jar without a drop of honey in it.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Being apart doesn’t change the fact that we’ve grown up together for a long time; our roots will always be intertwined.” – Ally Condie
- “The prerogative of friendship is to say her nonsense and to be respected for her nonsense.” – Charles Lamb
Friendship Day celebrations began in 1958. To make it a worldwide celebration, Nane Annan appointed Winne the Pooh as a world friendship ambassador to the United Nations in 1998. The event was also co-sponsored by the United Nations Department of Public Information and Disney.
Hope this is enough to make your day better. Happy Friendship Day!!
Important dates and dates in August 2023